Will you...Be my Bridesmaid?
Being a bridesmaid/Maid of Honor is SO much fun! What better way to show support to one of your best girl friends than standing next to her and she marries the love of her life! It’s such an honor to be asked to be part of her special day, that you may be concerned about how to carry out the responsibility of being her bridesmaid. So here are a few tips that we hope will be very helpful!
- Be available! It may be difficult at times, but this is one of the most important things you can do. When she needs someone to go cake tasting, or wedding favor shopping, do what you can to be with her!
- Be goofyWho doesn’t need a good reminder to let loose now and then? With the constant thinking about weddings, she may need just a girls night without any wedding talk. Help her have fun!
- Be willing to spend money. Being a bridesmaid can be pricey. That’s something to think about right off the bat. Most likely, you will be buying a dress, shoes, and pitching in for a party, and gifts. It can feel frustrating, and unnecessary. Just remember, money is not worth a friendship, be willing to be stretched a little thin to be the best friend you can be, she may do that for you someday!
- Be honest. Not hurtfully, but lovingly.
- Be ready. Funny story – my shoes broke 5 minutes before walking down the aisle. My bridesmaid’s already had an extra pair, just in case. Have tissues, Advil, perfume, etc. handy for those “just in case” moments!
Of course you will be an awesome bridesmaid! That why you were asked! Be yourself, because you’re awesome. And, have a ton of fun with your best friends!
Amanda from Seneca’s Bridal